Monday, March 2, 2015

Star Wars: The Universe That Never Ends!

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to let you in on something that very few people know about me... I'm a huge Star Wars buff. I don't know if it was me being five when Lego first started to produce Star Wars sets, or that I played Star Wars: Racer for the Nintendo 64 religiously when I first got my hands on it.


There is something a little off about it though. It's nearly forty years strong and there is no end in sight. Literally. There are so many planets and moons in this series, and I don't mean the ones that get mentioned in an off conversation. So then, what makes it stand out?

I don't know what George Lucas was thinking, but somehow I can't help but be inspired. He managed to create a world and make it into something that people love. It's been a dream of mine to do the same. So much so that I have my own world/universe in process. But that's for another time.

Salicious Crumb
Ponda Baba
Have you noticed that pretty much all of the characters in Star Wars have some unbelievably outlandish names? Sure names like Luke Skywalker don't seem so out there, but names such as Salicious Crumb and Ponda Baba? (The former is seen aside Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and the latter gets his arm chopped off by Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope). I feel that these names make this Universe so lush with diversity. They really feel like they are creatures from different worlds. I mean come on, names like Bob and Fred aren't really going to cut it.

Even then, the look of the worlds and the locales are so drastically different from each other. There is just so much to absorb. So many interesting things to enjoy in every building. Every Weapon. Even every vehicle!
Who doesn't love this modified YT-1300 light freighter?

Now who would have thought that the "Millennium Falcon" would become a household name?

Obviously there is so much to enjoy from the fantastic space opera that Star Wars is. I urge you, maybe even beg you (just a little bit) to see all six of these movie (please start with the Phantom Menace first, you won't enjoy the Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I, II, and III) as much if you have the Original Trilogy (Episodes IV, V, and VI fresh in your mind). Episode VII is just around the corner as well. The Sequel Trilogy begins the Winter.

You should check out the cartoon series (plural) too. Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels aren't just for kids.

Thanks all,

Peter

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...can you relate the Star Wars phenom to a great truth?

    ReplyDelete